Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Week 3 Part 1:

Have you ever been through an experience with trying to communicate with a business? I have numerous times. Amazon... I've ordered a few things from this company and it magically doesn't get delivered. I then have to contact a customer service representative to try and resolve the problem, either getting my money back or just getting another item shipped out to me. Either way, it's very difficult to go through this process. They tell you sorry, you must call so-and-so in order to get this problem fixed, or they tell you there is nothing they can do to help you. You have no other choice than to file a complaint or go-to Social Media for help.

I've gone to Amazon's twitter page, explained my problem in a tweet. Within a couple hours, I was finally heard. I have gotten a DM from the there company explaining how very sorry they were from this mistake. It took them a couple of hours to fix my problem. Even though I didn't get the product I wanted, I still got my money back. Even though going through their website to contact customer service didn't work. At least my voice through Social Media was.

Even though I've had a few bad experiences with buisness there have been some good ones. I love to eat, obviously, going to a restaurant I wouldn't say I'm the kind of person that always gives reviews or anything. If I have a bad experience I just won't go back, however, if I have a great experience I'll leave a review. I was at a restaurant, sitting down with my boyfriend, we were starving, drove a little out of the way to go to this restaurant I've never been too. Immediately we were greeted with the best customer service I've ever had! After we have eaten and gotten our check the customer service never stopped. We were greeted by the manager along with our server. I've never felt so appreciated by a company before. After my boyfriend and I left, I decided to make a quick yelp review as well as follow the company on Instagram. I sent a direct message to the page explaining how amazing this company was and how good of service my boyfriend and I received. I got a reply within a couple of hours saying how thankful they were that we felt that way.

Thinking back on to all of these options lets say if I had my own restaurant; how would I react to someone giving me a positive comment? Well, of course, I would thank them tremendously and offer a free dessert for the next time they came in. However, we all know that you never only get positive comments there are going to be people that are just un-happy and give you negative comments. With those type of customers, you have to be careful because you never know how it could turn out. With them being so angry it could go viral. Things go viral for less anyhow. Personally, I would give them a free meal, a sincere apology, and ask if there was anything else I could do to make there visit next time even better.

No matter what experience is an experience. You could have a bad one or a fantastic one. It all depends on where, and how the place acts. You could go to the most expensive place and still be treated horribly or go to a mom and pop shop and be treated the same. It all depends, everyone had those days where they do not want to make anyone happy, we have all been there. Who's to say it wouldn't get better in time? Who's to say the server is in an extremely happy mood, and the customer is not. Life in positive or negative experiences all depends on one another. Let us do better by each and every day making someone smile giving that great customer service, going above and beyond for your customer.

3 comments:

  1. It is crazy for such a large scale company how difficult amazon can be to communicate with. When they are good, they're good, but when they're bad, its rough. There has been little middle ground in my experience with their customer service. I like your outlook on handling your own business. It has empathy for customer and employee and the mix is important. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah bureaucracies like Amazon are a total pain to deal with if something goes wrong and local businesses are pretty good at customer service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I've had good luck with Amazon, then again, I don't shop on Amazon that much. Interesting how social media worked for you when direct contact didn't, I agree sometimes dealing with it can be such a bother, I just rather not.

    ReplyDelete